The main idea for this came from my nephew but I tweaked it a bit to make them blend in with the Apvia map better. Anyway they are really easy and quick to build. These lights come on at night and turn off during the day.
1. You will need: five nether fences, 1 nether block, 1 nether stair, 1 red torch, 1 red stone, daylight detector and a nether slab.
2. Stack the five fences on top of each other:
3. Add a nether block on top and an upside down stair behind it:
4. Add a daylight detector on top of the stair, red stone on top of the block and a red stone torch to the front of the block:
5. Place three lamps around the red stone torch and a half block underneath to hide the torch:
And there you go. It looks good and will come on at night!